Homemade Tomato Sauce
This recipe for homemade tomato sauce is a basic tomato sauce with few ingredients which goes very well served with meatballs.
It can also be used as the basic tomato sauce for a homemade pizza.
A lot of tomato sauce recipes call for the addition of hamburger meat and other ingredients making it into a spaghetti sauce.
This plain sauce is very good, easy to make, and also great with some parmesan cheese sprinkled over it once it has been plated with your favorite pasta.
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 6 oz. can tomato paste
- 3 cups canned tomatoes with juice
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. dried basil flakes
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Add the oil to a medium sized pot over medium heat.
- Stir in the tomato paste, canned tomatoes, sugar, pepper and basil.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat, add the butter and salt to your liking.
- Stir well.
- Ready to be served.
- This recipe will make about 3 cups of sauce.
Top of Homemade Tomato Sauce
Back To Meatball Sauces
Cooks Recipe Central Home Page