Homemade Tomato Soup Recipe
This is a very tasty homemade tomato soup recipe using fresh tomatoes and basil for extra flavor.
It is an easy to make tomato soup from scratch, to which I add macaroni for a chunky tomato macaroni soup.
Great for lunch with a tuna, ham or egg salad sandwich for a nourishing, healthy meal.
If you prefer a smooth soup, leave out the macaroni, then puree in a food processor, return to soup pot, add a little corn starch mixed with water or flour mixed with cold water, return to boil, stirring, and make it into a nice light tomato basil soup recipe which can be served hot or cold.
- 2 tbsp. butter or margarine
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2-3 tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 3-4 cups water
- 1 tbsp. chicken granules
- 1 tsp. dried basil or 1 tbsp. fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 cup raw elbow macaroni
- In a medium sauce pan, melt butter or margarine.
- Add onion and saute until transparent.
- Add celery and saute a few minutes longer.
- Add peeled and chopped tomatoes, water, chicken granules and basil.
- Bring to boil, cover and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Stir in macaroni and cook another 10 minutes.
- Ready to serve and enjoy.
Tip - Peeling tomato:
- Immerse tomato for 1 minute in boiling water, then remove to very cold water. This will loosen the tomato skin and it will slip off easily.
Top of Homemade Tomato Soup Recipe
Back to Easy Soup Recipes
Cooks Recipe Central Home Page