Hungarian Beef Goulash Recipe
This Hungarian Beef Goulash Recipe is very easy to make and tastes oh so good over pasta with a green salad on the side.
This beef goulash recipe can also be made with a less tender cut of meat like eye round beef roast or a boneless round steak.
Again, I buy a large eye round roast beef, keep part of it as a recipe for beef roast, and slice part of it for the beef stroganoff recipe, then cube some of it for the goulash recipe.
This makes for some very economical meals which are all wholesome, quick and easy to prepare and taste good.
The recipe will make 6 servings.
- 1 or 1 1/2 lbs. boneless beef, 1/2" cubes
- 3 slices bacon, cut into pieces
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tsp. seasoning salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp caraway seeds
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 tbsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. tabasco sauce
- 2 cups hot water
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 2 tbsp. water
- In dutch oven or small roasting pan, cook bacon until crisp.
- Remove bacon pieces with a slotted spoon to add back later.
- Brown meat cubes well on all sides in the bacon fat.
- Add chopped onions and brown.
- Add seasonings and tomato paste.
- Add hot water and stir all together.
- Simmer covered for about 1 1/2 hours, until meat is tender.
- Combine the flour and water and stir into the goulash.
- Bring to a boil, cook until thickened.
- Stir in the saved bacon bits.
- Ready to be served and enjoyed.
Top of Hungarian Beef Goulash Recipe
Back To Easy Beef Recipes
Cooks Recipe Central Home Page