Jiffy Baking Mix
Here is an excellent recipe for a jiffy baking mix.
It is well worth the time it takes to assemble this baking mix recipe to have on hand, and much more cost effective than buying ready-made mixes for pancakes, waffles, muffins, etc.
You will need containers with a tight fitting lid for storage of this baking mix. It keeps well for a long time in a cool, dry place.
Check the "baking mix recipes" pages for amounts and methods, to quickly prepare:
pancakes, muffins, biscuits, dumplings, waffles, pizza and coffee cakes.
- 5 lbs. all purpose flour (16-18 cups)
- 3/4 cup baking powder
- 2 tbsp. Cream of Tartar
- 2 lbs. vegetable shortening
- 2 1/2 cups powdered milk
- 3 tbsp. salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- In a medium bowl, cut 1 lb. of vegetable shortening at a time into 3-4 cups of flour until pea size.
- Transfer to a very large container.
- Add rest of flour and all other ingredients.
- Mix everything together by hand for about 5 minutes, until very well combined.
- Cover tightly, store at room temperature.
Top of Jiffy Baking Mix
Back to Easy Baking Recipes
Cooks Recipe Central Home Page