Meat Sauce Recipe
This basic meat sauce recipe is one of the hamburger dishes my children liked to eat and now the grandchildren all enjoy it too. Especially served over pasta like spaghetti, there is no meat to cut up and its easy to chew. It is a fun meal.
Only a small amount of hamburger meat is needed to make this tasty hamburger sauce recipe, plus butter or margarine, flour, water and seasonings.
It is very quick to make. Truly one of the great hamburger dishes you will like to serve along with a green salad or a vegetable side dish.
- 8 oz. beef hamburger meat, lean or extra lean
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3 cups water
- 1 tsp. beef granules, heaping or Maggi seasoning
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Stir in the flour and cook until it bubbles, do not brown.
- Slowly stir or whisk in the water.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly until thick.
- Remove from heat, stir in the hamburger meat until all is nice and smooth.
- Return to medium heat, bring back to boil, stirring.
- Let simmer for a few minutes, stirring often.
- If too thick for your liking, add a little more water.
- Season with salt, pepper and granules to taste.
- Serve over cooked pasta, and enjoy.
Top of Meat Sauce Recipe
Back To Hamburger Meat Recipes
Cooks Recipe Central Home Page