Moist Carrot Cake Recipe
This is an excellent moist carrot cake recipe producing a large 9x13 inch cake or 2 smaller 8x8 inch cakes.
It is the best carrot cake recipe, full of flavor and moist, so it is also a good keeper especially when iced with cream cheese frosting.
The recipe carrot cake incorporates coconut, raisins, nuts, pineapple and of course carrots to make it a healthy choice for that sweet tooth.
Topping this cake with cream cheese icing is very good.
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup cooking oil
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup raisins, washed, dried and coated with a little flour.
- 2 cups coconut
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 2 cups grated carrots
- Preheat oven to 350 F (325 F for Pyrex).
- Mix first 8 ingredients together well, then stir in the remaining 5, combine well.
- Pour into greased and floured prepared pans.
- Bake 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean.
- Cool in pan.
Top of Moist Carrot Cake Recipe
Back to Best Cake Recipes
Cooks Recipe Central Home Page