Mushroom Gravy Recipe
This easy to make mushroom gravy recipe comes in very handy as a meatball sauce or a quick to make gravy for leftover cold cooked meats.
All you need is some butter, a little onion, a few fresh mushrooms, flour, chicken granules and water to make a very tasty sauce.
Try this instead of buying packaged sauce or gravy mixes and heat cooked meatballs or leftover roast or chicken in it for another tasty meal.
- 2-3 tbsp. butter or margarine
- 2 tbsp. onion, finely chopped
- 2 button mushrooms, 1 1/2 inch , or 4 smaller white mushrooms
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 tbsp. chicken granules
- Melt butter or margarine in a small saucepan over medium high heat.
- Add chopped onion, stir and cook until soft but not brown, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add chopped mushrooms, stir and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Sprinkle flour into saucepan, stir and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Slowly stir in the cold water.
- Bring to boil while stirring.
- Add chicken granules, stir and boil gently for 5 minutes.
- Add a little more water if too thick, and granules to your taste.
- Add meatballs or leftover meats and heat through, gently covering in sauce.
Top of Mushroom Gravy Recipe
Back to Meatball Sauces
Cooks Recipe Central Home Page