Oven Baked Whole Chicken
This Oven Baked Whole Chicken recipe is great and fuss free so giving you time to spend on maybe making a side salad or getting that corn-on-the-cob ready if serving it along with the chicken.
You could also make a bread cube stuffing for the chicken and fill it before roasting.
Left over chicken can easily be made into a pasta casserole dish or cut fine for chicken salad sandwiches.
The uses for left over cooked chicken are many.
A 3 1/2 lbs. frying chicken will make 5-6 servings.
- 1 frying chicken, 3 - 3 1/2 lbs.
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- seasoning salt and pepper to taste
- bread cube stuffing or turkey stuffing recipe, optional
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Rinse chicken inside and out, discard giblets or save for another use.
- Pat chicken dry.
- Sprinkle the inside with about 1 tsp. season salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper.
- Rub chicken with oil.
- Sprinkle with season salt and pepper.
- Place breast down on a rack in roasting pan.
- Place in 450F oven, lower heat immediately to 350F.
- Roast chicken 20 min. per pound, about 1 hour to 1 hr. 20 min.
- Baste with pan drippings if desired.
- Turn chicken breast up for the last 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, let rest for 10-15 minutes.
Top of Oven Baked Whole Chicken
Back To Quick Easy Chicken Recipes
Cooks Recipe Central Home Page