Pecan Sticky Buns Recipe
This pecan sticky buns recipe takes a little longer to make up than cinnamon buns, but stickey buns are always a welcome addition of yeast buns for great snacks.
This sticky bun recipe also freezes well and is another good choice to make ahead.
The dough is the same as for cinnamon buns, so here I shall only list the filling ingredients and method for how to make a bun.
This sticky buns recipe will make 24 buns.
- Dough - same as cinnamon buns
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter
- 2/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 tsp. corn syrup
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup melted butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar mixed with
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- While dough is rising, prepare the pans.
- Melt 1/2 cup butter or margarine in a saucepan.
- Add the brown sugar and corn syrup.
- Bring to a rolling boil while stirring.
- Immediately pour into 2 15 1/2 x 10 1/2 inch jelly roll pans or cookie sheets.
- Sprinkle the chopped pecans evenly over both pans.
- Roll out half the dough into a 12 inch square.
- Brush with half of the 1/4 cup melted butter.
- Sprinkle 1/4 of the brown sugar and cinnamon mixture over the center 3rd of dough.
- Fold 3rd of dough over center 3rd.
- Sprinkle top with 1/4 of the cinnamon mixture.
- Fold over the last 3rd, to make 3 layers of dough, 12 inches long.
- Cut into 12 1" pieces.
- Hold the ends of each piece and twist in opposite directions 2 or 3 times.
- Seal ends firmly.
- Place in prepared pan, 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Repeat with remaining half of dough and filling.
- Cover, let rise in a warm place away from draft for about an hour or until double in bulk.
- Bake @ 400F for 15-20 minutes.
- Invert rolls onto plates or wire racks to cool.
- These are lovely served while warm, or reheated later.
Top of Pecan Sticky Buns Recipe
Back to Easy Baking Recipes
Cooks Recipe Central Home Page