Pineapple Chicken Recipe
This Pineapple Chicken Recipe is made with a whole cut up chicken or you could use 3 boneless chicken breasts.
It is a very good, easy baked chicken recipe to make.
If using boneless chicken breasts, bake for 1 hour at 350F, for chicken pieces with bone, bake 1 1/2 hrs. at 350F.
All you need to go with this chicken dish would be cooked rice. To serve a salad or cooked vegetables on the side would also be nice.
- 1 small frying chicken, cut up
- 1-2 tbsp. cooking oil
- 2 tbsp. soya sauce
- 1 14oz. can pineapple tidbits or chunks, drained
- 1 green or red pepper, cut into chunks
- 2 tbsp. corn starch
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Rinse chicken pieces well and dry.
- Over medium heat, brown chicken pieces in oil.
- Put into a casserole dish.
- In a small bowl combine the soya sauce, pineapple juice, cornstarch, brown sugar, vinegar and water.
- Pour over chicken pieces in casserole.
- Cover and bake at 350F for 1 hour.
- Uncover and add the pineapple tidbits and green pepper pieces.
- Cover again, and bake another 1/2 hour.
- When ready to serve, gently stir the tidbits and pepper pieces into the sauce.
Top of Pineapple Chicken Recipe
Back To Quick Easy Chicken Recipes
Cooks Recipe Central Home Page