Pork and Cabbage
For this pork and cabbage recipe I used a thick slice of boneless pork loin and combined it with Chinese cabbage (bok choy) for a very tasty, quick to make dinner, which I served with peeled, boiled potatoes. It really is very, very good and so easy to make. Give it a try.
Pork and any cabbage really go well together. This recipe could also be made using savoy or green cabbage but would need a longer cooking time.
Chinese cabbage cooks very quickly and boneless pork loin is an excellent choice for this dinner, as it is also done in about 20 minutes.
This recipe serves 2 people.
- 1 inch slice of boneless pork loin, cubed
- 4-5 cups cut bok choy cabbage
- 2 tsp. cooking oil
- 2 tbsp. onions, chopped fine
- 1/4 cup water
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp cornstarch mixed with 1 tsp. warm water
Top of Pork and Cabbage
- Cube pork into 3/4 inch pieces.
- Wash cabbage and slice crosswise into 2 inch strips.
- Heat oil to medium heat, add pork chunks and onion, cook about 5 minutes, turning meat to lightly brown.
- Add cabbage, a handful at a time, saute with meat and onions until wilted down.
- Add the water, turn down heat to low, cover pot and let simmer for about 15 minutes, stirring once or twice.
- Stir in the cornstarch mixed with water, and bring back to boil, stirring until thickened.
- Remove from heat.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Ready to be served.
Back to Boneless Pork Loin Recipes
Cooks Recipe Central Home Page