Pork Loin with Sauerkraut
This easy recipe for pork loin with sauerkraut can be popped into the oven and be ready after 2 hours, or cooked on the stove top for about 1 1/2 hrs. Good either way as time permits.
A piece of leg of pork roast or a pork butt roast could also be used instead of pork loin, or you can make this recipe into pork hocks and sauerkraut, using fresh or smoked hocks. It is also a good sauerkraut recipe to make using pork spareribs.
All of the above listed meats will make a very tasty meal. I find fresh or smoked pork with sauerkraut is especially good served during the colder months of the year, a nice warming dinner to sit down to.
This recipe serves 4, but can easily be increased to 6 or 8 servings.
- 1 1/2 lbs. pork loin roast or alternate pork roast or hocks or spareribs
- 26-28 oz. sauerkraut, drained
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 cloves
- 5 Juniper berries
- 2 tart apples, cored and cut into 8 pieces each
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients in a stove top casserole or oven casserole dish with a lid.
- Have the meat on top with fat side down.
- Cover dish and bake @350 F for 1 hr., or simmer on stove top.
- Turn meat fat side up and bake another 1 hr., or simmer on stove.
- Remove meat to platter, keep hot.
- Remove Juniper berries and bay leaf.
- Slice meat and place on top of sauerkraut.
- Ready to be served.
Top of Pork Loin with Sauerkraut
Back to Boneless Pork Loin Recipes
Cooks Recipe Central Home Page