Potato Crust Quiche
This recipe for a potato crust quiche is a very nutritious and tasty meal to make with some of that left over ham.
Left over turkey or chicken are other good alternatives to use for this excellent one dish meal.
You will need a 10 inch oven proof dish for this recipe. A deep glass pie plate also works very well.
This quiche recipe will make 6 servings.
- 4 cups raw potatoes, grated
- 1 small onion, grated or chopped fine
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup light cream or half & half
- 1/4 tsp. each salt, pepper and grated nutmeg
- 3/4 cup onions, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups cooked ham, cut into small pieces
- 1 1/2 cups mixed vegetables, i.e. broccoli, cauliflower, peas, carrots, or beans
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Oil baking dish.
- Combine first 5 ingredients together well.
- Press potato mixture into baking dish, build up on edges.
- Brush with a little more oil.
- Bake @400F for 20 minutes.
- Beat eggs, add cream, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Set aside.
- After 20 minutes, remove baking dish from oven, lower oven temperature to 350F.
- Add combined onions, ham and vegetables to baking dish.
- Pour custard over all.
- Top with grated cheese, sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake at 350F for 30-40 minutes, until bubbly and browned.
Top of Potato Crust Quiche
Back to Easy Casserole Recipes
Cooks Recipe Central Home Page