Potato Pancake Recipe
This potato pancake recipe also makes for great frugal cooking, which can be served along with a bowl of soup for a hearty meal. My favorite being lentil soup to serve along with these hot potato patties straight from the pan.
Often German potato pancakes are also just served along with a dish of apple sauce for a complete meal.
This potato pancakes recipe will make 12 pancakes about 3 inches in diameter.
- 2 large potatoes, about 1 lb.
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1 tsp. salt
- good quality cooking oil
- Wash and peel potatoes.
- Using a hand grater shred potatoes fairly coarse into a bowl, or pulse in a food processor until fine but not mushy.
- Add eggs, onion, flour and salt.
- Combine all well.
- Heat enough cooking oil in a frying pan to cover the bottom of the pan over medium high heat.
- When oil is hot add pancake mixture in batches of three to frying pan.
- Cook until golden brown , turn over and cook other side until golden.
- Drain pancakes on paper towel and serve hot.
Top of Potato Pancake Recipe
Back to Easy Vegetable Recipes
Cooks Recipe Central Home Page