Recipe for Chicken Casserole
This chicken casserole recipe is made using boneless, skinless chicken breasts and is cooked on top of the stove.
A very tasty chicken dish, ready in 45 minutes cooking time.
The recipe will make 2 good sized servings, and is delicious.
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp. cooking oil
- 1/4 cup onions, chopped
- 1/2 green pepper, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 tbsp. sun dried tomatoes or 1 fresh tomato
- 1/2 tsp. garlic salt
- 1/2 cup raw white rice
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 2 tbsp. fresh chopped parsley (optional)
- Wash, rinse and dry chicken breasts. If large, cut each in half.
- Heat oil in medium sized pot, add chicken pieces sprinkled with paprika, pepper flakes and ground pepper.
- Quickly brown on both sides.
- Remove chicken to plate.
- In same pot saute onions, green pepper and rice for a few minutes.
- Add sun dried or fresh tomato, garlic salt and chicken broth. Stir all together well.
- Transfer chicken breast pieces back to pot, inserting into mixture.
- Cover pot with lid and simmer for 40-45 minutes.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley (optional)
- Ready to be served.
Top of Recipe for Chicken Casserole
Back To Quick Easy Chicken Recipes
Cooks Recipe Central Home Page