Recipe for Fried Rice
This basic recipe for Fried Rice is great, especially if you have extra leftover meat from another meal to use up, then it becomes a full course nutritious frugal meal.
When I am cooking rice, I always cook an extra amount which can easily be frozen in small portions for later use as in this recipe for Chinese fried rice.
You can make this into a chicken fried rice recipe or pork fried rice recipe or shrimp fried rice, as they are all tasty, quick and easy recipes to make.
- 4-6 cups cooked white rice
- 5 tbsp. cooking oil
- 1/2 cup diced cooking onions
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 1/2 cup leftover meat, optional
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- Heat wok or heavy frying pan.
- Add 2 tbsp. cooking oil and heat.
- Add scrambled eggs and stir until cooked.
- Remove from wok to add again later.
- Add more oil to wok, add onions and mushrooms.
- Stir fry until cooked.
- Add green peas, cooked rice, cooked meat (optional), mixing constantly until hot.
- Add and mix in soya sauce and salt, add scrambled egg.
- When ready to serve, transfer to large plate or bowl and sprinkle with sliced green onion.
Top of Recipe for Fried Rice
Back to Easy Casserole Recipes
Cooks Recipe Central Home Page