Rich Chocolate Cake Recipe
The method to assembling this rich chocolate cake recipe is a little bit different and such a quick and easy chocolate cake recipe that it might just become a keeper in your kitchen like it is in mine.
It is a very dark "chocolaty" chocolate cake recipe which also lends itself well to baking in two layer pans, and using as the cake base for a black forest cake recipe by making a couple of changes to the ingredients.
An 8x12 inch glass baking pan can be used, a 9x9 or 8x8 pan for a little higher cake, or 2 round pans for thinner layers.
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Grease baking pan.
- Add all of the ingredients to a large mixing bowl in order given without stirring.
- After the 1/2 cup of boiling water has been added at the very last, then using an electric mixer, beat until smooth.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 40-45 minutes.
- When cool, top with chocolate frosting.
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 2 tbsp. milk
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- Combine ingredients in small saucepan, bring to boil stirring constantly.
- Boil 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add 1/4 cup chocolate chips, stirring until melted and well blended.
- Pour on cake immediately and let cool.
Top of Rich Chocolate Cake Recipe
Back To Best Cake Recipes
Cooks Recipe Central Home Page