Give this Salmon Sauce a try. It is delicious served over cooked asparagus.
It also makes a nice topping for poached eggs served on toasted bread for a great lunch.
This recipe makes about 1 1/2 cups.
- 2 tbsp. butter or margarine, divided
- 1 tsp. onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 tsp. dried dill or 1/2 tsp. fresh
- 1 small can salmon, drained and flaked apart
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- Over medium heat in a small saucepan melt 1 tablespoon butter, add finely chopped onion and cook until transparent, about 2 minutes.
- Add another tablespoon of butter to pan, heat until melted.
- Add flour, salt and pepper, stir until blended.
- Cook until bubbly, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and slowly add the milk while stirring to combine well until smooth.
- Return to heat and cook while stirring constantly until sauce thickens.
- Add the drained salmon and dill.
- Stir until heated through.
- Delicious served over cooked asparagus or poached eggs.