Seafood Soup Recipe
This seafood soup recipe is really easy and quick to make, and tastes oh so good!
A great base for other chowder soup recipes also like corn chowder, which you can easily make by changing a few ingredients.
You will see how to make clam chowder using this method and turning it into your best clam chowder recipe very easily.
So here is my version of very tasty and satisfying seafood chowder recipes.
The recipe will make about 6 cups of soup.
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup onions
- 2 stalks celery (about 1 cup)
- 1 carrot (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 medium potato (about 1 cup)
- 1 tbsp. chicken broth granules
- 1 can whole baby clams with juice
- 4 or 5 oz. piece of fish fillet to your liking, cut in bite size pieces
- 1/2 pkg. cooked frozen shrimp, peeled, deveined, and rinsed
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 1/2 cup cream or half & half
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Add water to a medium size pot, bring to boil.
- Add vegetables, peeled and coarsely chopped, and chicken granules.
- Reduce heat and simmer for about 12 minutes until just fork tender.
- Add fish fillet pieces, and juice from clams, simmer 5 minutes.
- Mix flour, salt and cream until smooth.
- Stir mixture into soup, bring to boil, stirring until thickened.
- Turn down heat to low.
- Add rinsed shrimp and clams.
- Heat through, stirring occasionally.
- Ready to serve.
- Clam Chowder
- 2 cans baby clams, omit fish and shrimp
- Follow above ingredients and method using 1 cup water and 1 cup clam juice.
Do not let soup boil after clams have been added, as they will become tough.
Top of Seafood Soup Recipe
Back to Easy Soup Recipes
Cooks Recipe Central Home Page