Seven Minute Frosting
Another super homemade frosting is this recipe for seven minute frosting.
This fluffy white frosting recipe is great as a birthday cake frosting on an angel food cake, especially if sprinkled with coconut, which makes it into a very festive looking cake.
It is an easy frosting recipe for 7 minute frosting, which is made in the top of a double boiler. An electric mixer is handy for this recipe, but it can also be made using a hand egg beater.
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Combine all ingredients well, except vanilla, in top of double boiler.
- Place over pot with boiling water.
- Beat about seven minutes or until frosting has thickened and holds peaks.
- Remove from heat.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Keep beating until mixture has cooled.
- Spread over sides and top of cake.
- Optional, sprinkle with coconut.
Top of Seven Minute Frosting
Back to Cake Frosting Recipes
Cooks Recipe Central Home Page