Simple Pie Crust Recipe
This simple pie crust recipe is the one I use all the time to make a larger batch of pie dough.
It is an excellent homemade pie crust recipe which will make 6 flaky crusts.
The dough also keeps well wrapped in the refrigerator or can easily be frozen for future use, if not all is needed at one time.
As I just finished baking a wonderful rhubarb custard pie, using this easy pie crust recipe, thought I would share the recipe with you.
- 5 cups flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 lb. Crisco shortening
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp. vinegar
- cold water to make 1 cup
- Sift first 3 ingredients into a bowl.
- Cut in Crisco until the size of small peas.
- Break egg into a 1 cup measure and beat slightly with a fork.
- Add 1 tbsp. vinegar to egg in measuring cup.
- Add enough cold water to bring to the 1 cup measure.
- Add all to dry ingredients in bowl.
- Lightly stir in with fork, working flour from bottom up, until all is combined.
- Divide dough into 3 separate balls for double crust pies, or 6 single balls.
- Refrigerate or freeze leftover dough.
Top of Simple Pie Crust Recipe
Back to Easy Baking Recipes
Cooks Recipe Central Home Page