Spinach Bacon Quiche
Here is a spinach bacon quiche which is a nice addition to an easy holiday brunch which can be made ahead, refrigerated, and then served at room temperature or slightly re-heated.
This brunch quiche recipe is also a good suggestion to include for a ladies luncheon.
To cut down on calories, I make this spinach bacon quiche using 1% milk instead of half and half and only add 3 slices of crumbled bacon.
It is also an easy and tasty quiche recipe to make ahead and have on hand for a quick lunch at home or wrap up a couple of pieces for a brown bag luncheon.
A 9 or 10 inch glass pie plate works very well for this recipe.
This spinach bacon quiche makes 8 generous servings.
- 1 single pie crust
- 10 oz. package chopped spinach, thawed
- 3 slices bacon, chopped
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 3 medium eggs
- 4 oz. smoked Gouda cheese, grated
- 4 tbsp. Parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 tbsp. flour
- 1 tsp. grated nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 cups 1% milk
Top of Spinach Bacon Quiche
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Roll out pie dough and fit into pie plate.
- Drain spinach well, so its nice and dry.
- Fry bacon until crisp, drain on paper towel.
- Add spinach, bacon and all other ingredients to a large bowl and stir until well combined. I like using the food processor for this.
- Pour into pie plate lined with the pastry.
- Bake on lowest oven rack for about 45 minutes, or until knife if inserted into filling comes out clean.
- Cool before serving and enjoy.
Back to Easy Casserole Recipes
Cooks Recipe Central Home Page