Stuffed Mushroom Recipes
These stuffed mushroom recipes are some more great easy appetizer ideas.
Here is a very tasty stuffed mushroom caps recipe filled with ground beef and ham, sherry, breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese.
For seafood appetizer recipes, stuffed mushrooms with crabmeat are also delicious and always a big hit.
Try these easy to make stuffed mushroom recipes, they may become keepers in your recipe file like they are in mine.
Stuffed Mushroom Caps Recipe
- 18 white mushrooms, about 2" diameter
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. minced onion
- 4 oz. (1/4 lbs.) lean ground beef
- 2 oz. cooked ham (2 slices), finely diced
- 1/3 cup dry sherry
- 1/4 cup fine breadcrumbs
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheeseMethod:
- Wipe mushrooms clean with damp cloth.
- Remove stems and chop.
- Place mushroom caps on cookie sheet, hollow side up.
- Add oil to large pan over medium heat.
- Cook onion and beef until lightly browned.
- Add minced garlic, chopped mushroom stems, diced ham and sherry, cook for 5 minutes, stirring.
- Remove from heat.
- Add breadcrumbs, salt and pepper.
- Mix well.
- Fill mushroom caps evenly with mixture.
- Sprinkle with parmesan.
- Place cookie sheet with mushroom caps under broiler, 3 inches below heating element.
- Broil for about 4 minutes, watching closely as not to burn.
- Best served warm.
Stuffed Mushrooms with Crabmeat
- 24 white or brown mushrooms, about 2 inch diameter
- 6 oz. package frozen crabmeat, thawed and drained
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped celery
- 1 tbsp. chopped roasted red pepper
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped green onion
- 2 tsp. grated parmesan cheese
- 2 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 drops hot pepper sauce (Tabasco)
- 1/2 tsp. fresh lemon juiceMethod:
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Wipe mushrooms clean, remove stems. (Save for another use.)
- Place caps hollow side up on cookie sheet.
- Combine all other ingredients.
- Spoon evenly into mushroom caps. (about 1/2 tbsp. each)
- Bake 10 minutes.
Top of Stuffed Mushroom Recipes
Back to Quick Easy Appetizers
Cooks Recipe Central Home Page