Stuffed Pork Roast
Try this easy to make and very tasty stuffed pork roast recipe, filled with breadcrumbs, chopped apple and raisins.
A boneless pork loin roast is an excellent choice for this easy oven pork roast recipe, which will take about an hour of roasting time.
A 6-7" piece of pork loin will easily make 4-5 servings of roast and dressing.
- 6-7 inch piece of boneless pork loin (about 1-1/4 lbs)
- 1 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 2 red apples
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. each salt, pepper and cloves
- 2-3 tbsp. melted butter or margarine
- string to tie roast
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Rinse and dry pork roast.
- Cut a lengthwise slit into side of roast, forming a pocket.
- Wash, cut and core apples. Leave skin on and chop small.
- Rinse and dry raisins.
- In a medium bowl combine breadcrumbs, apples, raisins, brown sugar and spices.
- Drizzle melted butter over top.
- Lightly combine all ingredients.
- Fill mixture evenly into pocket cut in roast.
- Tie roast with string about every 1" or so.
- Place on roasting rack, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast about 1 hour in oven.
- Remove roast to plate and cover for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove string and slice into thick slices.
- Serve pan drippings on the side, if you wish.
Top of Stuffed Pork Roast
Back to Boneless Pork Loin Recipes
Cooks Recipe Central Home Page