Sweet Sour Pork
Here is a tasty recipe for sweet sour pork, using fresh boneless pork loin, cubed.
This is such a great recipe to make from a fresh boneless loin pork roast.
If you bought a large pork loin, then you can slice and cube some of it off the end for this excellent recipe. 2 3/4" slices will be about 3/4 lbs.
You can also use this recipe as a leftover pork roast recipe or for a leftover ham recipe. It also freezes very well for later use.
Often I will cook a larger amount of mixed rice, then make up smaller meals of rice and this sweet sour pork recipe for the freezer to be used at a later time.
The recipe will make 4-6 servings.
- 1 14 oz. can pineapple tidbits, drained, juice saved to small bowl
- 1 cup celery, sliced on the diagonal into 1/4" slices
- 1/2 green pepper, cut into small chunks
- 1/2 red pepper, cut into small chunks
- 1/2 cooking onion, sliced thinly lengthwise
- 4 tbsp. cooking oil, divided
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 3/4 lbs. fresh boneless pork loin cubed into 1/2" cubes OR about 3/4 lbs. left over cooked pork roast or ham, julienned.
- Drain pineapple juice into small bowl, add and stir in the cornstarch, brown sugar, salt, ginger, and soy sauce. Set aside.
- Prepare all vegetables and set aside.
- In medium size pan or wok, heat 2 tbsp. oil to medium heat.
- Add fresh pork or cooked pork or ham, all fat removed.
- Saute until well browned. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add 2 tbsp. oil to pan and stir fry all prepared vegetables until tender crisp.
- Add prepared sauce to vegetables in pan, stirring until thick and bubbly.
- Add meat and pineapple tidbits to vegetables and sauce in pan.
- Stir all and heat through.
- Serve over cooked rice and enjoy.
Top of Sweet Sour Pork
Back To Boneless Pork Loin Recipes
Cooks Recipe Central Home Page