Vegetarian Casserole Recipe
This Vegetarian Casserole Recipe is truly an excellent dish to cook which incorporates lasagna pasta noodles, cottage cheese, cheddar cheese, egg, onions and mashed potatoes.
It is a very good pasta casserole to make ahead for a crowd, as it can be refrigerated, then reheated in the oven for 40-45 minutes at 350F.
This layered casserole recipe is meatless and also called pierogi casserole as the taste is similar to pierogies.
It goes very well with cabbage rolls and sausages which can all be done in the oven at the same time.
- 12 lasagna noodles, cooked
- 2 cups 1% cottage cheese
- 1 egg or egg substitute
- 1/2 tsp. onion salt
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- no-fat sour cream
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- Line bottom of a 9x13 casserole dish with 1/3 of noodles
- In bowl, mix cottage cheese, egg and onion salt
- Spread on top of noodles.
- Add second layer of noodles.
- Mix cheddar cheese, mashed potatoes, and salt and pepper.
- Spread on second layer of noodles.
- Add third layer of noodles on top of that.
- Saute the onions in the margarine for 10 minutes.
- Pour over all into casserole.
- Cover and bake for 25-30 minutes in 350F oven.
- Let rest for 10 minutes before cutting into servings.
Top of Vegetarian Casserole Recipe
Back To Easy Casserole Recipes
Cooks Recipe Central Home Page