Whipped Shortbread Cookies
Whipped shortbread cookies is another holiday cookie you can find on my Christmas cookie tray.
A delectable and light white shortbread drop cookie recipe decorated with pieces of red and green maraschino cherries, making for another great festive cookie to have on hand.
This shortbread cookie also freezes well.
The recipe makes about 2 1/2 dozen cookies.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup icing sugar, sifted
- 1/4 cup corn starch, sifted
- 1 1/2 cup flour, sifted
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- red and/or green maraschino cherry pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a medium bowl, cream sugar with butter until light and fluffy.
- Sift together flour, cornstarch and salt.
- Add to butter and sugar mixture, 1 tablespoon at a time while beating constantly with mixer.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Drop by teaspoon full onto ungreased cookie sheet, or use a cookie press.
- Slightly indent center of each cookie and add a piece of cherry.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until edges of cookies start to turn golden.
- Remove to wire rack to cool.
Top of Whipped Shortbread Cookies
Back to Easy Baking Recipes
Cooks Recipe Central Home Page